* Executive Director International Detention Coalition
* Australian Red Cross - Melbourne, Australia, National Manager- Refugee and Detention Programs (2007-2008)
* Hotham Mission, Asylum Seeker Project - Melbourne, Australia, Project Coordinator (2000 - 2007)
* International Development Programs, National Council of Churches Australia, (Sept - Oct 2006)
* International Project Evaluation: 1) India - Refugee camps in Tamil Nadu run by the Organisation for Eelaam Refugee Rehabilition , 2) Sri Lanka - Human rights and development programs run by the National Christian Council of Sri Lanka.
* Human Rights Research, Hotham Mission, (Sept - Oct 2006)
* Master of Social Anthropology (International Migration and Ethnic Relations), Stockholm University (Sept 1996 - June 1998)
* Graduate Diploma in Social Science (International human rights, international development) - International Graduate School, Stockholm University (Aug 1995 - July 1996)
* BA Asian Studies (Journalism Minor) - University of Southern Queensland (1990 - 1993)
* The need for a uniform community-based reception policy for asylum seekers, Seeking Asylum, Melbourne University Press
* Asylum Seekers in the Australian Community, Refuge, Vol. 22, No.1, York University, Canada, March 2004.
* Asylum Seeker Reception Policy, United Nations High Commission for Refugees Refugee Newsletter, June 2006.