SNIS Award 2010
The submission for the SNIS AWARD rewarding the best thesis in international studies submitted in a Swiss University in 2010 is currently open.
SNIS Award, valued at 5000.- CHF
Submitted PhD theses can deal with a wide range of academic disciplines, such as political science, economics, sociology, social and cultural anthropology, law, history, geography, environmental sciences, and related areas. In fact, the SNIS considers that International Studies deal not only with the analysis of international relations, but with phenomena that transcend traditional national-state boundaries and which may be addressed by a large spectrum of academic disciplines.
A jury composed of experts in their field of competence will evaluate the PhD thesis submitted. A thesis that can convince the jury beyond disciplinary boundaries is a clear asset.
Formal criteria for submission:
- Entrants must have received their Ph.D. degree in a Swiss University with «summa cum laudae» or a mark equal or superior to 5.5, in the calendar year 2010. The relevant date is the date of the presentation of the thesis or, in case the Faculty’s rules require a formal validation of the result, the date of the validation.
- Entrants must be under 35 years at the time of the submission. They need not to be citizens or residents of Switzerland
- The research described in the thesis must be in the field of the International Studies, as defined above.
- The thesis must be written in one of the three national languages (German, French and Italian) or in English.
Candidates fullfilling the above formal criteria can:
- Register on the website (pre-requisite for filling in the registration form)
- Fill in the electronic registration form (incl upload of an electronic version of the thesis and upload of two scanned supporting letters). For additional details regarding the submitting procedures please refer to the document SNIS Award 2010
- Send two hardcopies of their thesis to the postal address of the SNIS
Case Postale 185
1211 Genève 20
The deadline for submission is January 31st 12:00 CET.