The SNIS offers project grants for pluri-disciplinary research teams. The project grants run for two years and range from 100’000 to 300’000 Swiss Francs. Eligible institutions can submit project proposals that qualify as:
- International studies: Projects carry out research on global issues that are either relevant in the international arena or at least concern multiple countries simultaneously. The SNIS considers that International Studies deal not only with the analysis of international relations, but also with political, economic, social, environmental, legal, health, scientific and development issues.
- Pluri-disciplinary studies: Projects are pluri-disciplinary and they can include disciplines from the social and natural sciences.
In addition to the above criteria, the SNIS strongly enourages collaborations with International Organizations and NGOs.
Thematically, submissions can be made in one of the following two sections:
- General call: In any area of international studies as defined above.
- Special theme 2017: Migration in the lens of the sustainable development goals (SDGs) with the following sub-themes:
- demography and migration
- environmental change and migration
- gender and migration
- innovation and migration
- migration governance and human rights
- technology and migrant integration
- transnational connectivity and migration
Submission deadline: 18th January 2017, 13:00 (GMT +1)
New users need to create a new account.
For detailed instructions on how to submit please consult the support page.